Saturday, January 14, 2012

I survived the holidays and all I got was...





Well here it is two months after I started my new fancy shmancy blog and I have three entries, including this one. Pathetic. What can I say? I’m not a super blogger and I’m more of an “a picture says a thousand words” sort of documentor. It’s quite sad, but alas, it is the truth. Anyways so in with the New Year and onward with my blog resolution. (If it’s anything like my weight loss resolution, it will soon fade into the sunset while a Mc Donalds cheeseburger takes its place and keeps me company…in my tummy. Mmmm.) I have no shame. Don’t judge me.

So Christmas. Wow. What a crazy time of year for anyone with kids. Well I suppose anyone with any family that is worth a hoot. My mom visited and spent a serious fortune on my kids and my husband and I. It was insanity the number of toys packed into my house. Ian got a brand new bike and Amelia got her first baby doll. Complete with baby googoos and gagas. Very creepy and cute all at the same time. (The doll, not my child…) I’d love to say that our New Year was a smashing good time complete with friends, family and some good beer but it was filled with us getting sick. Like gross Flu-symptom sick. Yup and on the last day my mom was here. Simply amazing.

But the holidays weren’t all packed with stress and craziness, although there were quite a few sleep deprived days thanks to you-know-who. Amelia Grace started to crawl, wave, sit up from the “crawl” position, and stand up in her crib (not in that order). That is insane and just plain cruel. But just when I think that my brain and body can’t take any more of Ian’s MOM-ing or Amelia’s sleep-less nights, I am reminded with something as simple as the shampoo running low or Amelia’s teeth starting to come in. I said to Ian one night in the bathtub, after realizing the ever-so-expensive Johnson’s baby shampoo is almost gone “I guess the shampoo fairy hasn’t come yet, Ian boy.” “No, mama, fairies don’t bring that” he says, “We just get it at Wal-Mart”. Seriously. I swear on my life that he said that. I just had to smile and after the day we had had, I needed it.

Amelia’s front teeth has been coming in for some time. They have been just about the pop through for about 3 weeks. They are giving that girl grief like something fierce. Anyways, this girl is not a cuddle bug. I’m not sure any 9 month old really is a cuddle bug quite yet but either way she is not. However, today in the midst of Amelia being attacked by the snot, drool and poop monster, Amelia and I were left at home alone while the boys went to a Monster Jam show (Ian’s FAV) and while I got down on the floor to play with her, something miraculous happened. She laid her head on my leg and stayed that way for a good 15 whole minutes. She was chattering and playing but laying on me as if she actually liked me a little. Hmph. Imagine that. Pure bliss.

Kids are something alright and if you would have asked me 10 years ago if I would have kids, I would have told you this: No. Not ever. I will though adopt a baby from Cambodia. Seriously. That’s exactly what I told people. The simple thought of THAT coming out of THAT, terrified me beyond belief. Well, two kids later, I can say that I am truly blessed to have kids that I simply adore and can’t get enough of. I wouldn’t ever ask for a different life because it’s mine and I just am lucky enough to enjoy it. The holiday always teaches me this. (As if I need to be reminded) I may not always get that fancy [insert item that I don't need but want and will probably use about twice here] but I will get the reward of watching my child crawl, wave or learn how to tell a joke or understand a complex sarcastic comment. It's mine and noone can take it away from me, break it or return it. It's always the perfect gift.



No comments:

Post a Comment