
Well obviously my attempt to blog in between crying sessions, dinner and poopy diapers have not quite worked out but as the husband took Ian to soccer practice (!) and Amelia is sleeping, I decided that the dishes can wait and even my need to pee. Anyways, in the 7 months that Amelia has been born, I've watched her transform as well as our family. Going from the always scheduled "3" to the unpredictable "4" in a matter of hours. Now, it has gotten much better. Amelia is sleeping most the night now, she doesn't cry half as much as she used to and Ian, surprisingly, has become quite the big brother. Amelia's superhero as he says. As the kids keep growing and hitting each special milestone, sitting up, rolling over, holding head up, TEETH etc. I keep wondering where each of these transitions is taking our family and what is in store for us. This is NOT a genius way of telling everyone I'm pregnant because I would surely just about fall over dead if that were true because honestly my more brain and my poor husband probably could not handle that right now but just like children have certain milestones and transitions, so do families. They are always changing and growing (mentally, spiritually, emotionally) and I always wonder what our family will morph into - for the obvious good.
Since the last time I've "blogged"; almost a month ago...we have hit some major turning points in our family. Ian was enrolled and participated in soccer, Amelia has slept successfully for more than 4 hours at a time (big news!) and she has begin and surpassed quite a few major milestones such as teeth, starting to pull up onto different objects and is eating more "adults". This makes me sad. It's a good sad but none the less, it makes me sad. Where are the days that she was so baby-like? She's now more grown up and it makes me feel happy to know shes moving forward like she should but closer to the days where she won't need or want me (well at least until shes about 25 or needs money) And Ian, Oh Ian. Where to begin with a boy with endless energy, curiosity and need for entertainment. He is my own personal Curious George, complete with the weird monkey noises for answers and acknowledgements. He is smart as a whip and almost too smart for his own good. Did I mention he's 3? He's 3. I love my Ian but he can be a handful on any given day. He is a gentle soul but very full of life and "why's" (which equates to headaches after sleep deprived nights.) But even in with all the undesirable whining, crying, tantrums and just plain ick, I wouldn't change a thing. It makes our family ours and I love them so much it really truly does hurt sometimes. (Seriously, Ian bit me the other day and it hurt and lets not get started on Amelia biting my nipple. That is serious pain)
As always, Photo courtesy of Sleeping Owl Photography.
No comments:
Post a Comment