About Me

I am a stay at home mom that is very upset that I cannot control how fast my children are growing up.
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Oh yeah?


Six months old. My daughter is six months old this month. Ya'll, I swear she was just born yesterday and for some reason her newborn clothes will absolutely not fit her at all. And my son, well he was just born last week and somehow I have to buy him 3T-4T size clothing at the store. What in the world is going on? So that brings me to the conclusion on the impossible decision of a blog. Blog Shmog. That's what I thought about those impossibly insane people who wrote their life stories about their kids, thoughts, food choices, political outlooks, fashion decisions and just about anything that pops into their head at any given moment. Even more I wondered where they found the time to blog about said topics but when it really comes down to it, for me, it's about the kids. I'm still working on the time part but I can write a few lines here and there between the chaos and crying I suppose. The fact is, I'm not a scrap-booker, (much to my mothers dismay) and I'm always jotting dates down of memorable milestones and "firsts", usually in undesirable places such as a notebook that's been scribbled in or a weekly menu to be transferred to the real "journal" later, but the reality of it all is that I just won't remember 10 years down the road what each one of those felt like. Why a praying peacock, you ask? Well aren't peacocks just impeccably detailed, slightly ferocious (seriously), wildly colorful and a bit unpredictable? Well my life is impeccably detailed (although I suppose poop and crying isn't very pretty), I can be a bit ferocious (especially when Amelia decides to grace us with no or little sleep), we are actually very colorful with the markers that find their way into the wash and crayons along the wall and well, I have 1 husband, 2 children (one of which sleeps the minimal amount to function), 4 dogs, 1 cat, 2 jobs and a boatload of laundry to boot so yup unpredictable, that's me.

The praying part truly isn't so difficult, well at least I didn't think so. I took a quiz recently that told me I was a bit confused in my Spiritual path and that confusion plays a major part in my confusion. Uh, right so whatever that means.(I'm confused about where to start. Imagine that.) I've yet to read the literature about where my confusion stems from because I must say I'm a bit intimidated by all this talk of confusion. My relationship with God is one that is continuing to evolve and grow seemingly more confusing, add in 2 children and a husband and all the adventures that come along with that and what do you get? One Giant Praying Peacock.


Photo Courtesy of Sleeping Owl Photography.


1 comment:

  1. Yay Jana! Now I can leave you lots of annoying comments. Love the name of the blog!

    ReplyDelete