Well here we are, Amelia is 13 months and is all girl. Ian has just turned 4 and is thoroughly, with every ounce of his being, boy. I know surprise, right. Everyone knew I had one girl and one boy but here is what I mean: Amelia is dainty, yet wants to be into everything all the while not letting anyone forget about her and that she is there. She explores everything, cautiously, mischievously, but still waiting for me or some other worthy adult know what she's about to do: good or bad. She's an attention hog. She's a diva and she's a baby. Can't wait for those wondrous teen years to bless us with their presence. Now Ian on the other hand is for lack of a better expression "balls to the wall". He's a 100% at everything. He can be utterly engrossed into a certain something and he will eat, sleep and dream about this certain "daily" item. Iron man, Spider-man, Monster Trucks, Spiders, Bears.... all have graced us with Ian's complete attention and need to completely understand them. Of course, we have to become knowledgeable about said items so that when ambushed with his barrage of forty zillion questions, we come out slightly unscathed and our brain still attached. Oh and did I mention rough? Ian is either 100% cute boy who loves to inch his way next to you on the couch and end up just about on your lap or he is trying to judo chop your face and thinks he truly is Spider-man jumping off the top of the stairs. It's great. It's like having mini heart-attacks all.day.long. Keeps you on your toes right? Well hell, I bet I could be a great ballerina at this point. Well except that I'm not ballerina size. Ugh. Anyways, back on track.
The night before last, we were doing our normal bath routine and I should probably say that Amelia hates bathes. She hates the entire process and usually ends up standing at the edge of the tub the entire time. Seriously. So, you would think that she would just endure the last part of the washing part just to get it over with and get out. Oh, well she is one, guess she hasn't got that reasoning skill yet. Damn. Well I was shampooing her hair and next thing I knew, we had a soldier down. Big time. She was crying, I was yelling for Chris, Chris was getting yelled at and everybody was having mini heart attacks. Well closer inspection of my sweet little girl revealed two chipped front teeth. Great. I'm all about the Mom of the Year awards here. They are slowly piling up in my closet of guilt. It's actually starting to get full in there. Bummer. Maybe I can start over next year... So fast forward to the Dentist office the next day and basically he tells us that she's fine and it's a very minor chip. Now hear this truth right now, she does not look like some country bumpkin that fell off the ugly truck but these "new" teeth are simply not hers and I wish with all my soul that I could get her beautiful perfect baby teeth back because they just don't fit her perfect little angel face. Obviously, I'm still getting used to it. Anybody other than Chris and I probably wouldn't notice but clearly, I'm a little obsessed about my children's teeth. No thanks to my own mother who was obsessed about my teeth.
Uh, did you read the part about my son being 4 and thinking he's Spider-man sometimes? Did I also mention that he's very rough(clearly, with practice from daddy)? Did I also mention that he has done some very deliberate and mindless "stunts"? Often including hard pavement or hard floors? Did I also mention that he, in fact, has perfect chip-less teeth? Seriously. Amelia was the last one I thought was going to get a chip in her teeth, no thanks to Super Mom here.
I wasn't expecting that one. I wonder how many times I will hear this come out of my mouth again. Oh boy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Stop beating yourself up! you are a great mama. i seen it! very sorry about little girl's teeth though.
ReplyDelete